It is getting cold here in Montreal, I don’t want to go grocery shopping, and I have a ton of carrots…. Solution? ROASTED CARROT SOUP!
Seeing as how I’ve spent all weekend drinking myself to oblivion and proceeding to eat bagels, schwarma, burgers (you just name the shitty food- I’ve had it), Carrot soup seemed like the perfect healthy (given my fridge options I couldn’t have made much more) thing to have!
- 2 lbs sliced carrots
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/3 of a bunch of cilantro
- 1 medium white onion
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Chicken Bullion Cube or whatever broth powder!
- Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees
- Put your evenly sliced (yes, they HAVE to be EVEN) carrots on a baking sheet and drizzle with about 2 tbsp of oil. Sprinkle pepper and salt (I like to be generous with my pepper) and cumin atop the carrots and mix around to get them all coated!
- Stick em in and let them roast for 30-35 minutes (until they’re blackened which doesn’t mean theyre burned.. just roasted!)
- Meanwhile… …
- Heat up some oil in your soup pot
- Slice up your onions (doesn’t matter what shape.. julienne them or whatever the term is) and throw them in the pot to cook until they’re translucent.
- Once that’s done, throw in your chopped sweet potato (I didn’t peel it because I was lazy…. Whateva)
- Allow the sweet potato to cook for about 10 minutes- make sure to stir because you don’t want your onions to burn and char the pot!
- Throw in your bullion cube along with about a liter of (preferably warm) water.
- Crank up the heat and bring it to a boil- Make sure your cube dissolved!
- Once boiling, let it simmer and sit until your potatoes look like theyre nice and mushy
- Hopefully your carrots are done. Throw them into your pot!!!!!
- Turn off the heat and stick your immersion blender! (If youre not so priveleged to have an immersion blender… a normal blender works just fine ;D) and blend it until whatever consistency you want!
- OH! add in your chopped cilantro and puree that as well.
And VOILA! Needless to say, eat it hot. Eat it with bread, with a steak, with whateva. I am praying that when I wake up tomorrow morning I’ll have 20/20 vision…. and shed those pounds that I packed on from my carby weekend.
P.S. Sorry I haven’t been posting all my oh so faithful fans! =p I’ll post more hopefully
Posted 1 year ago with 3 notes
#carrot #soup #food #recipe
- huyfongfoods posted this