Need a better lunch sandwich option than Pb&j, ham with some soggy lettuce, or just crappy salami!?!? Well the Killer Tomato is your answer!!!!
This sandwich is super tasty mostly due to the generous amount of cream cheese spread I slap onto my sammie. Pack gum though.. it’s super garlicy =].
This is a recipe I just kind of adapted from a restaurant in Montreal called Santropol.
- 4-5 Sun Dried tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- Dried Basil (fresh if you got it)
- A third or half of a small tub of Cream Cheese (I dunno my numbers xD)
- 1/4 of a tomato
- Thick Cut Rye Bread (I get mine from Santropol, but it’s a sandwich sooo use whatever ya wanna)
- Mince up the garlic super fine
- Chop up the Sundried tomatoes
- In a small bowl and with a fork, mash up the cream cheese, garlic, and sundried tomatoes
- Generously sprinkle your dried basil (or fresh chopped) into it and mix again
- Tahh-Dah! This should be enough Cream Cheese spread for two sandwiches!
- To build your sandwich, thinly slice your fresh tomato and make sure to remove all the juice (I HATE soggy sandwiches)
- Spread a generous amount of cream cheese on your (preferably thick cut) bread and lay your tomatoes on top!
- Cut into triangles because that is Absolutely Necessary
For some reason, the first time I made this, I thought it’d be a good idea to try to immersion blend it…… but who the hell immersion blends cream cheese? Whatever. I’m an idiot. Enjoy! Don’t hit on people without having gum first! (that’s just a life tip not just pertaining to this sandwich)
The hands in the first picture are the hands of my rand hand gal. She is the inspiration for much of my genius. Her name’s Jane and you should follow her sassy ass tumblr at janebeal.tumblr.com <3
Posted 1 year ago with 5 notes
#sandwich #recipe #food #tomato #Delicious